Time Management can often be a struggle for busy entrepreneurs. The phrase Work Smarter and Not Harder can be easier said than done for busy entrepreneurs. The importance of effective time management is to maximize the results with time you put in. The following tips can help you maximize your time.
- While tasks like bookkeeping, project management and client care need to get done, it’s smarter and more cost effective to outsource these tasks to a Virtual COO. A Virtual COO can assist in doing non-revenue generating tasks efficiently and effectively, while freeing up your time and attention to clients.
- Keep your work area organized. Having stacks of paperwork and unorganized files to have to go through leads to spending unnecessary time finding things you need. Set aside time to overhaul your workspace to make it organized and cohesive. Take time each week to maintain this space.
- Maintain a calendar. Schedule appointments with yourself and block off time for tasks that need to be completed. Schedule when they will begin and end. Have the discipline to holding yourself accountable to adhering to the schedule and completing these tasks.
- Focus on completing the right tasks. Don’t complete tasks just to cross them off your to-do list. The more focused you are on the right business building and revenue generating tasks, the more successful you will become.
- Learn to say no. Entrepreneurs do not have the time to do everything. Learn how to say ‘no’ without feeling guilty about it. Learn to say ‘yes’ to the right things that will impact and grow your business. This will ensure you are spending your valuable time on things that will generate revenue and grow your business.